We believe that a great company is built on great people: We are proud to have brought together incredibly bright minds to help run better banks - ready for the 21st century to unfold. Our customers understand what it takes to succeed in a fully digital world and our team is a trusted partner supporting them in their ventures.
We help FinTech innovators, banks and microfinance institutions to deliver essential banking services to individuals and emerging enterprises around the world.
We do this by providing world-class banking technology built in and delivered via the cloud, that's rich in functionality, affordable and flexible for any financial institution tackling any market opportunity.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic Java Software Architect or Java Developer to join the Mambu Architecture team. Together with other developers and software architects you will review the current system for scalability and performance bottlenecks as well as look out for security improvements. You will then find and evaluate latest software architecture best practices to improve scalability, stability, performance, security and other architectural aspects of the current system.
You will be a part of the Mambu IT Architecture team in Dresden. The Architecture team is be part of the overall Product Development team, which is mainly located in Iasi, Romania.
What you'll be working on?
- Identify scalability, performance and stability challenges in the current system
- Identify security improvements in the current system
- Research latest software architecture best practices to achieve non-functional requirements
- Develop proof-of-concepts and test their effectiveness against non-functional requirements
- Document implementation details for software architecture alternatives to be passed on to the Product Development team
- Build a framework that allows us to quickly create performance and scalability proof-of-concepts, to give prospects as well as existing customers confidence in our scalability and performance abilities
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced agile team together with software architects, developers, quality assurance engineers and product management to solve challenging problems
You need to have:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related
- Several years of experience in web application development with Java (backend) or profound experience as a Java software architect
- Good SQL and relational database knowledge
- Good platform scalability knowledge and experience
- Good general software architecture understanding
- Wide knowledge of Java technologies
- Good cloud computing knowledge
- Enthusiasm and passion to work in a team as well as solve problems independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
It would be great if you also had:
- Cloud experience (e.g. AWS)
- Good NoSQL database knowledge
- Strong web application security skills
- Mambu works with more than 150 financial institutions revolutionizing the status quo of finance in 39 countries around the world and we're just getting started.
- Our clients include digital banking organizations, fintech innovators, online lending companies, P2P platforms, SME lenders and traditional banks who are all looking to service unreached markets.
- We understand nothing ensures our customer’s success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership to your work.
- People at Mambu are unreasonably reasonable, but most importantly they proactively take an initiative to improve the industry for the better.
If you are thrilled by the opportunity to join our multi-national team on its unique mission - we need to talk and will be excited to hear from you.