We believe that a great company is built on great people: We are proud to have brought together incredibly bright minds to help run better banks - ready for the 21st century to unfold. Our customers understand what it takes to succeed in a fully digital world and our team is a trusted partner supporting them in their ventures.
We help FinTech innovators, banks and microfinance institutions to deliver essential banking services to individuals and emerging enterprises around the world.
We do this by providing world-class banking technology built in and delivered via the cloud, that's rich in functionality, affordable and flexible for any financial institution tackling any market opportunity.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled and enthusiastic Cloud Engineer to join our team to develop a standardized on-premise private cloud stack that can run our core banking web application. You would also operate the private cloud stack for our customers as well as our AWS-based deployments which is used by organizations around the world. As a Mambu Cloud Engineer you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality of service attributes like security, availability and performance of the newly built on-premise and existing multi-cloud environments. You will further be in charge of deployment of new releases, setup of new environments and improvement of IT operation processes.
We have an exciting roadmap of large projects, operational improvements and need someone with the skills and experience to keep up with our fast-paced environment. You will be a part of the IT operations team and work closely with our development and quality assurance teams, as well work with our customer support team on infrastructure topics.
What you'll be working on?
- Develop a standardized private cloud stack that will be offered to customers that cannot use Mambu on AWS public cloud for regulatory reasons
- Automate deployments on the developed private cloud stack
- Coordinate with customers on requirements and restrictions in order to deploy Mambu successfully in on-premises environments
- Manage configuration, deployment, administration, monitoring and analysis of the Mambu cloud service in on-premise and multi-cloud environments
- Support and advise our development, quality assurance and support team on infrastructure related issues
- Perform infrastructure related tasks resulting from development, quality assurance and support activities
- Improve and automate IT operations, continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced agile team together with developers, quality assurance engineers, support and other ops staff to solve challenging problems
You need to have:
- Experience in private cloud setups and deployments (OpenStack, Apache CloudStack, VMWare vCloud, Red Hat OpenShift, or similar)
- Experience with load balancers, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Java Virtual Machine and MySQL
- Experience in administering and deploying web applications
- Experience with scripting languages on real world projects and automation (e.g. bash, python)
- Bachelor or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related
- Profound experience in Linux and network administration
- Enthusiasm and passion to work in a team, as well as solving problems independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
It would be great if you also had:
- At least 2 years experience managing cloud environments
- Good knowledge on IT security
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience in managing AWS environments
- Experience in building tools for continuous integration and delivery
- Mambu works with more than 150 financial institutions revolutionizing the status quo of finance in 39 countries around the world and we're just getting started.
- Our clients include digital banking organizations, fintech innovators, online lending companies, P2P platforms, SME lenders and traditional banks who are all looking to service unreached markets.
- We understand nothing ensures our customer’s success more than a happy team, so Mambu is built on a culture of trust and a sense of ownership to your work.
- People at Mambu are unreasonably reasonable, but most importantly they proactively take an initiative to improve the industry for the better.
This position is full-time for our office in Dresden, Germany. If you are thrilled by the opportunity to join our multi-national team on its unique mission - we need to talk and will be excited to hear from you!